$75 for Non-Members
Duration: 60 minutes
Register now for immediate access to this program.
State and Federal Regulation of PBMs – Legislative and Regulatory Efforts to Open the Black Box of PBMs and Bring Transparency and Equity to Independent Pharmacies
Presented by: Payal Amin, Pharm.D., RPh, Esq. and A.J. Barbarito, Esq. of Frier Levitt LLC
Learning Objectives for pharmacists and technicians:
1. Attendees will gain an understanding of recent legislative action by states aimed at regulating PBM practices, including audit practices, post-point of sale fees like DIR and GER, patient “steering,” and MAC reimbursement.
2. Attendees will learn about efforts to procure transparency from PBMs, including possible model laws for requiring heightened transparency, and legal avenues some pharmacies may have to gain access to opaque PBM information.
3. Attendees will learn about the case before the Supreme Court of the United States, PCMA v. Rutledge, the outcome of which will affect future efforts at state regulation of PBMs, for better or worse.
4. Attendees will be able to identify the kinds of laws they want passed on the state and federal levels, and will be able to go to their elected representatives to demand the introduction of bills that will arm compounding and other independent pharmacies with the means to procure transparency and even even-handedness from PBMs.
This lesson is a knowledge-based CE activity and is targeted to pharmacists and technicians.
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as providers of continuing pharmacy education. This program is approved for 1.0 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of continuing education credit for pharmacists and technicians. UAN #: 0046-9999-20-290-H03-P/T.
If you are interested in earning credit for this program, please note that you will be asked to enter your NABP e-Profile ID during the credit selection step of the registration process. If you have not yet registered your NABP e-Profile ID, please visit www.nabp.net.
CE credit and certificates of attendance will be provided only to those individuals who registered and logged into the webinar online. If you want CE credit and your certificate of attendance, you must have purchased the program and logged into the web portion under that registration so that we can verify attendance.
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
- State and Federal Regulation of PBMs - Video
- State and Federal Regulation of PBMs - Paper