PDA Treatment Options
To Close or Not To Close?
and Spectrum Pharmacy Products
Learning Objectives for Pharmacists:
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss PDA pathophysiology and the current evidence supporting treatment of pharmacologically closing hemodynamically significant PDA
2. Compare and contrast current evidence-based literature to support the use of oral and intravenous forms of ibuprofen, indomethacin, and acetaminophen for the treatment of PDA in preterm and term infants
3. Evaluate the use of pharmacologic therapy in prophylaxis of PDA closure
4. Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of various pharmacologic therapies used to treat PDA
PPA has accredited this knowledge-based webinar for 1.0 contact hours (0.10 CEUs) of continuing education credit for pharmacists. UAN #:0180-0000-21-006-H01-P
The Pediatric Pharmacy Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. In order to receive credit, participants must register for the program, attend the program, and fill out a post-program survey. Webinar programs are 100% supported through program registration fees and PPA membership dues, and is not supported by Industry.
BCPPS Recertification Credit is also available for participants if you select that pricing option during registration. Participants will be required to complete an evaluation and pass an exam in order to receive their certificate. Once the exam is passed, participants will receive 1 hour BCPPS credit. Valid through December 31, 2021.
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
- PDA Treatment Options - Video
- PDA Treatment Options - Handout